About the Senior Project Manager Position
Senior Project Managers are responsible for the successful execution of one or many ongoing projects. They are the main day to day client liaison as well as the internal team leader. They are responsible for coming up with project plans and driving the team to a successful execution of said plan. Project managers are expected to handle team resourcing, timeline creation and budget tracking. They provide status reports on project health to both clients and internal stakeholders. Senior project managers are expected to partner with Verndale's account team to own the client relationship and longterm roadmap.
- Owns and drives project to completion with minimal oversight or guidance.
- Manage multiple projects in parallel composed of cross-functional distributed teams.
- Lead cross-functional project teams members through completion of tasks, on time and on budget.
- Partners with Account Directors to own client relationship and communication to ensure execution of strategy.
- Manage and assess scope & risks throughout duration of project in order to provide direction on scope change & risk mitigation decisions both internally and with Clients.
- Create & maintain project plans throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Responsible for weekly tracking and forecasting budgets to communicate to internal and external Stakeholders.
- Provide weekly updates via project status reports.
- Comfortable presenting to Senior internal and external Stakeholders.
- Ownership of meeting agenda creations and capturing meeting notes and next steps.
- Creation and maintenance of Confluence and JIRA to run project progress.
- Facilitate Agile Ceremonies (backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint demos & retrospectives).
- Coordinate travel for team members when necessary.
- Travel Expectancy for key milestones (i.e. project kick-off). Amount varies by Client needs.
- 6+ years experience in project management with a demonstrated track record of successful SDLC implementations; digital agency experience preferable.
- Experience Managing Projects Greater than $750K.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible and comfortable with the changing demands of a rapidly-growing and fast-moving company.
- Experience in implementing project management and/or software development process improvements is a significant plus.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence is a must.
- Experience using TFS, Smartsheet, Microsoft Project.
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
- Rapid growth company of 19 years maintaining start-up company feel
- Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
- Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
- Collaborative, open, work environment and no formal dress code
- Exchange program with our Boston, Quito, Bangalore and LA offices
- Company that values collaboration and communication
- Top of the line benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, EAP program, HRA account and more
- Management and employee trainings offered regularly
- Flexible schedule options to support work/life integration
- Nine company paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation at date of hire
Verndale is a customer experience agency, purpose-built to help marketing and technology leaders connect the dots of the consumer journey. From our offices in Boston, Los Angeles and Quito, we design and build digital experiences, and enable marketing technologies that bring brands and their customers closer together.
We know that in order to do great work, you have to make work great. Verndale is committed to always being a company that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion. We strive to recruit and retain people who are committed to creating the climate of respect that is essential for individual and company success.
Verndale’s services are built around a core methodology that encompasses Growth Strategy, Experience Design, Technology Enablement, and Experience Optimization.
Lean more about Verndale at www.verndale.com
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan with company match are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Verndale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.